The National Center for Artificial Intelligence (Cenia) invites female researchers interested in developing their postdoctoral research in AI topics to apply to be part of our center.
By Cenia’s commitment to actively promote gender equity in artificial intelligence (AI) research, we have issued a call for applications for female researchers only. Researchers must have a PhD in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Mathematics, Robotics, Computational Neuroscience, Physics, or related scientific areas. Applicants must have previous experience in AI, either working in AI or having knowledge of AI tools. A good level of English is highly recommended.
The purpose of this position is to support the scientific activities of the center’s main research lines:
RL1 deep learning for vision and language: new theories and methods to continue to unlock the potential of deep learning and create advanced cognitive systems focusing on vision and language.
RL2 neuro-symbolic AI: integration of logic-probabilistic and deep learning-based AI, mutually invoking each other’s solutions, injecting and using semantics in deep learning.
RL3 AI inspired by brain: bring together scientists from neuroscience, cognitive psychology, and AI to integrate knowledge about anatomical structures and cognitive operations of the brain to inspire AI research.
RL4 physics-based machine learning: bring together mathematicians, physicists, and AI scientists to exploit knowledge from the physical sciences to develop machine learning models based on causal relationships.
RL5 Human-centered AI: New technologies for a fair, safe and transparent use of AI in society, as well as methodologies to assess its impact on society. Promote new tools for interpretable and explainable AI.
Applicants must have a Ph.D. degree, research experience, and experience or expertise in the development or use of artificial intelligence tools.
- Complete updated CV.
- Letter of interest (1 page): State the reasons for joining Cenia.
- 2-year work proposal (maximum 2 pages): This proposal must be sponsored by a Cenia researcher of any category, i.e. Principal Investigator, Associate Researcher or Researcher of the center. The sponsor will support the applicant in his/her work.
- Two letters of recommendation (free format).
- Letter from the Sponsor (fixed format).
All the documentation required for the application must be sent to email@example.com, as well as any doubts or questions about the position that may arise at the time of application. The subject of the email should be: Postdoc application.
We invite you to apply until March 30, 2024.
- Starts: January 30.
- Ends: March 30, 2024 until 23:59.
Evaluation of Applications:
- Document review: until April 20, 2024
Request for Letters of Recommendation
- Deadline: April 22nd
Interviews with pre-selected candidates:
- Deadline: April 30
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interviews with the Review Committee to discuss in detail their research proposal and experience.
Announcement of Results:
- Deadline: May 15th
Start of employment:
- End of May or deadline to be agreed
The dates indicated are estimates and may change depending on the contingencies of the research center.
- Full-time contract (44 hours/week) for one year extendable to a longer period.
- Gross monthly salary of $2,482,000 CLP (~ equivalent to 2,700 USD).
- Access to a stimulating research environment, excellent facilities and computing resources.
- Full-time dedication to research development, with no teaching obligations.
- Extra support and sponsorship when applying for complementary funding opportunities from the Chilean government.
These will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis for particular situations involving part-time.